DIY Smudge: Itty Bitty Customizable Plush Monster
- Get Your Own DIY Smudge Here!http://paisleyfawn.com/diysmudge/
- At only 3 inches tall, these itty bitty hand stitched plush forms make the perfect platform for a myriad of designs. Use markers, paint, permanent pens, sharpie markers, fabric, glue, and more! The sky is the limit. Even professional illustrators, toy designers, and puppeteers enjoy creating new things from this little guy (or gal!!) Think of the DIY Smudge as a tiny blank canvas: it's made from high quality linen, so it will accept paint just like a stretched canvas.. COOL! All of the DIY Smudges are handmade in the USA by Paisley herself!
'I really liked the surface of smudge. It accepted the paint so perfectly. It’s a great little surface; the shape is cool”
-Greg ‘Craola’ Simkins
‘I liked working with the fabric much better than a vinyl. It was very willing to take many different materials.’
-Jennifer Menken: Wildcargo
- What is a Smudge?
Smudges are itty bitty artistic muses that like to hang out wherever people are. Smudges survive solely on minuscule morsels of pocket lint and cobwebs. Since Smudges are docile creatures, they get along very well in the human world. Next time it feels like there is a little being in the room, take a look under the throw pillows, behind the computer, and those old shoes in the corner. Surely enough, a Smudge will be there!
- Here are some examples of what professional artists
have done with the DIY Smudge platform:
- Customs By:
* Greg 'Craola' Simkins: http://www.imscared.com/
* Matt JOnes (aka Lunartik): http://www.lunartik.com/
* Nate Mitchell (Squid Kids Ink): http://squidkidsink.com/HOME.html
* Gordon Smuder: http://www.transylvania-tv.com/
* Jennifer Menken (Wildcargo)
DIY Smudge platform copyright 2012: Manda 'Paisley Fawn' Tarr